Monday, November 7, 2011

Be Professional, Or Be A Hero ?

The Examination

I used to face in some kind of emotional-based situations. Maybe something like when my friends asked me the answer in period of an examination. Somehow I feel so pity to him or her, looking their face. damn! yet, it always end up with..

"shhh.."

or maybe some sort of non-verbal language expressing that i do not have any idea for that particular question.



There are only 3 reasons in this circumstances.


1. I do not know the answer though.
2. I don't want to give an answer.. "dude, it is my hard work"
3. I'm just being professional.

out of these 3 reasons, the third one is my priority. I mean, it does affects me the most. I don't bother when people say to me..

"come on la..kawan2 beb.."

"ishh..terok gila kau.."

Well, rules are rules.

The Work

You are a bank officer, and there is a girl who make a loan to a bank and bought a house. She doesn't do the payment. What should you do? Confiscate the house, right. The moment she came by to your office, begging you to extend the date yet you do not have any authority in that particular field.

What would you do?

Break the rules and be a hero?

or just follow the procedure? For me, personally, 'rules are rules'. Maybe I still can provide a little favor, it might be in terms of suggestions or recommendation towards the supervisor or so forth. But not something outside of my authority.


The Law

Correlated with our current issue, the death penalty. You want things to be equal, this is it. A minor crime has been done, the guilty still can be given a counseling and prevent a major things from happening. But when a major crime has been done. The guilty deserved to get based upon on his own action and indirectly gives a lesson to the other community members.

"dura lex sed lex"

"the law is harsh, but it is the law"


Concluding Remark

Everything has a system. These systems work by their own rules and procedures. A world of civilization should be taught with the concept, and apply the rules. For me, the rules made upon the morality and equality. To balance both of these, we removed certain matters. Win-win technique. Thank you.


link picture

No comments: